Saturday 1 October 2011

My Petraia Family

I was talking with my family last week over the computer, and they were asking me about my living situation. I said to my mom, well 5 of us live together, we all work together, we eat dinner together with whoever is at home that evening, we go out together, we take turns ironing our chef jackets and we all seem to balance with one another. 

We come from all over world, British Columbia, Los Angeles, Prince Edward island, Lincoln (Britain) and then we have the blend of Italian friends. So this blog is for the new friends I live and work with. 


My life is enriched with the amazing tea from Yorkshire, the stories I have heard about the LA food scene and San Francisco scene...wow and the amazing things I am learning about Canada from the girls from PEI! Which I have to admit it is on my bucket list to go visit the Martimes, anyone wanna come?   I am enjoying learning about the culinary education from all of these points in the world, Sarah and Morgan both from PEI have told me so many inspiring stories about the Culinary Institute of Canada. If I make my way that far across Canada I will for sure have to stop in and see the kitchen and meet some of these instructors that have inspired my new friends! Oh and these girls are both proud members of the CCFCC.  Who knew you would travel half way across the world to get an education about Canada as well?  


I have had a couple days off from La Petraia, getting out and about enjoying Tuscany.  Greatest moment of the days off... Sunday we went out and were just out walking and discovered most everything was closed as it was Sunday but we were enjoying just being out walking. There was this little shop open, and out front a row of old Italian men sitting drinking a beer in the middle of the afternoon, pretty normal. As we walked by this little boy was in the middle of road kicking a ball or whatever, I am sure it was one of these guy's grandson. But there wasn't a car in sight, it was so quiet that the little boy could simply play. Wow maybe we should think about closing up shop on Sunday to spend time with our families. Or at least be inspired enough to make the time to sit around the table and have some quality time together.  At the same time, back home my family was having dinner together - parents, siblings, nieces and nephews...I love you guys! 


Back to Petraia we have started grape harvest and my next blog is in the works but this blog entry families and my new friends, cheers! 




Out for Pizza

The Petraia team



No comments:

Post a Comment